Today i want to present you 1971 Watch Straps!
We are talking about a Dutch based watch enthusiast and strapmaker that goes by the name of Bernd, also known as Edug on many social platforms.
Even though he is based in the Netherlands 85% from his straps are going to the US, Canada, UK and other non EU and EU countries.
1971 Watch Straps – Short story
After a few disapointments, while searching for the right strap in color, quality vs pricing, finishing and details, he started the journey by making his own watch straps in 2017.
In this journey he learned a lot about leather craft and the difference between leathers in quality, feel, details, finishing, durability and the feel when a watch strap is wrapped around the wrist.
His goal was, and still is, to make watch straps reachable for every watch enthusiast while using the best materials in comfort and durability.
The leathers he works with are (mostly) full-grain and veg tan leathers such as Italian calf, horween, vachetta etc etc.
Each watch strap is 100% handmade by him with passion, pride and lots of pleasure based on your specifications and wishes/ preferences.
if you want to check out the website click HERE and feel free to contact him if you have any questions about possibilities, ideas, stitching patterns, etc.
Some details of 1971 Watch Straps:
All watch straps are 100% handmade.
- Wwatch straps are made between 3mm- 5mm in thickness.
- The watch straps can be customized at your requirements in terms of length, width, stitching style and color thread.
- There are 15 Julius Koch Tiger thread colors you can choose from.
- Many leathers can be adjusted when it comes to the thickness. However not all leathers are suitableto thin/ split ( but you can always ask :-).
- Leather watch straps are made (preferably) triple folded, so no lining leather is used. There are exceptions, shark and stingray are made with a lining leather.
- A brushed stainless steel buckle is in the price included. (at the moment there are no other options)